Zinedine Zidane has resigned as Real Madrid manager with immediate effect, according to media reports, just days after the club were beaten to the La Liga title by Atletico Madrid.
The Frenchman’s reported departure comes at the end of a disappointing campaign for the 13-time European champions, who also lost to Chelsea in the Champions League semi-finals as they failed to win a trophy for the first time in 11 seasons.
Italian football journalist Fabrizio Romano broke what he called “exclusive” news in a tweet which was picked up by Spanish sports outlets including Madrid sports dailies Marca and AS, and the radio station Cadena Ser.
An official announcement of his departure, said Romano, would be made “in the next hours/days”.
Only 10 days ago Zidane, who has a contract until 2022, denied media speculation that he had already told his players that he would be leaving at the end of the season.
“How am I going to tell my players that I am going now? It’s a lie,” he said after a 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao.
“I focus on this season. There is a game left and we are going to give everything. I only care what happens in this finale.”
But, perhaps tellingly, he added: “The rest, we will see at the end of the season.”
If confirmed, it marks the end of Zidane’s second spell in charge of the Spanish giants.
The 1998 World Cup winner first took the helm in January 2016 and guided Real to the 2017 La Liga title and an unprecedented hat-trick of Champions League titles before abruptly quitting on May 31, 2018.
He returned in 2019, winning a second La Liga crown in 2020 and the Spanish Super Cup
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- R. Kelly Found Guilty of All Counts in Sex Trafficking & Racketeering Trial
- Pochettino urges patience with Messi ahead of potential return against Man City
- Juventus pair Dybala and Morata to return after international break
- Sheikh Gumi May Be A Spy For Bandit Terrorists – OPC
- Afrobasket 2021: Nigeria Beats Mali To Clinch Title For Straight Third Time
- AfroBasket 2021: Cameroon clinch Third-Place finish after win over Senegal
- Samir Nasri Retires From Football
- Saga, Queen And Nini Have Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House
- Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham: Gunners claim easy derby win over sorry Spurs
- Juventus 3-2 Sampdoria: Dybala injury overshadows Bianconeri win
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects